Monday, January 14, 2008

The First Monday


Today was a good day! It was the first day at the University and they made us take this ridiculously long test to see how good our Spanish is, then we took a tour of the city! Its gorgeous here! Cold, but gorgeous! I can't wait till there are leaves on the trees, it will be SO beautiful then! We got to take a tour with one of the professors and she told us all about the different places that we went. Too bad I couldn't really understand her! I'm sure it would have been interesting! But when that was done we went back to the University and got our bus passes and they let us libre (free)!!!
So me and Paige decided to take a risk and try and ride the bus home alone for the first time, which actually turned out really well! Theres a bus stop right down the street from where we live, so we just got off there and walked like 20 steps till we were home! Which is where we ate lunch, which was really good, but they forgot to tell us that the potato and veggie soup was just the first course, cuz when we were done with this quite filling soup, they brought out hamburger patty things and a side of potatoes for the main dish. Lunch is the big meal of the day here, so if you really want to eat for the day, this is the time to do it. So... taking full advantage of the food that was placed in front of me, I ate it all!!! MMM-MMM-MMM!!!
Tomorrow a bunch of us are going to go to Madrid for the first time to take a look and see what there is to see, then go to a cafe and get some hot chocolate. I hear its to die for!!! I'm pretty excited about that! I'll remember to bring my camera then so that I'll have pictures of my new hometown and what going on for all to see!

No comments: