Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week One Ending



The last couple days have been good day too, nothing too exciting happened. It was the first day of my History classes with Prof. Shumway on Wednesday, and those were good. I have like a 2 and a half hour break between classes tho, so me and Paige and these other people went to a Panaderia and got breakfast. It was the cutest place! Just little, but the outside has the canape thing over the big window in the front that displays the pastries. And when you walk in theres this overwhelmingly good smell of freshly cooked bread and pastries. I even got up the nerve to talk to one of the ladies that was working there and ask what one of the things was, like what they put into it and such, so I asked... and she responded... and I understood!!! Woot! haha! I even ended up buying what I asked about. It was almost like a croissant thing but on the inside it had ham and cheese. It was REALLY good! I also met a new friend yesterday. I guess not new, we are in the same program and had classes and stuff together before, but we are a lot alike and get along really easily and take a lot of the same classes, so we sat for a while in the University and did homework at one of the tables, with the other foreign exchange students from Japan sitting at a table next to us being very loud! Speaking of the Japanese students... its weird to hear them talk! Its quite the accent, the whole Japanese/Spanish thing going on there! haha! Its kinda funny!




Oh my Spanish class, every time I go to that class I just get so nervous! Like, walking down the hall to the classroom, and knowing what coming just freaks me out! Nothing is wrong with the class and she's really funny and makes the class exciting (well at least the first part of class. Its hard to keep a class exciting for 2 hours!) its just knowing that while I'm there I'm not going to know everything that she is saying and I probably will have to have her repeat questions that she ask me a few times over and it'll be embarrassing. Once I'm there I'm fine I guess. Its just the whole getting there part of it that freaks me out! haha!






We also went to the discotequa (I don't know how to spell it) a couple nights ago! Well we ended up going to 2 different, we'll call them clubs, that night! We all met at the Plaza at 11, but found out from a group of college students from somewhere else that also happened to be meeting at the same place that we were, that the club that we were planning on going to didn't even open till 12. So this girl in our group that some people met at the school said that there was this other club that was giving out free drinks that she was gonna head to, and we were welcome to tag along (not that the free drinks were enticing or anything, haha. Somos Mormones!!!) So about 25 or 30 of us followed her through the streets of Spain on our way to this club. I'll bet it was pretty funny to see these Mormon college students, all dressed modestly, walking into the club to "get our groove on". haha. But funny or not, we made our way into the club and to the dance floor. It was really fun to "break it down" with everyone and kinda let your guard down, ya know? We were about the only ones that were actually dancing to the blaring music tho (which was all in English, by the way! weird!)! Everyone else was too worried about spilling their drinks to bust a move with the Mormons. But after we had been there for a while we decided to head over to the club that we were going to go to before, and once again the parade of Mormons made their way through the backstreets of Spain. We even picked up a couple natives along the way! haha! This guy Andrew in the group is pretty social and so talked to just about everyone that we saw along the way and invited them to come with us, so we ended up having a few local tag-a-longs coming with us! But I liked the second better. One, because there was a free coat check, and two because it was a little bit bigger, so the cloud of smoke wasn’t quite as thick as the last one, so I didn’t have to hold my breath as long as in the last one. Haha (ok so I didn’t really hold my breath, but it did smell bad!) Needless to say I didn’t get home till pretty late that night and slept into the next day, till around 11 or so.


Then yesterday was the day that we went to the Prado Museum, home to many of the world’s most famous paintings and sculptures. It was so beautiful in there! And its Huge!!! We got there around 11 in the morning, left around 2:30, and didn’t even make it through half of it! I’ve still got 3 months to see everything tho! Our “Mom” had packed us a nice Spanish lunch, so we headed to a park that’s just up the street from the Prado and ate lunch there. It was so nice, sitting in a park, on a park bench, right by a fountain, feeding these cute little birds that were dancing around our feet, and soaking up the sun! It felt like a nice Spring day! We tried to take a siesta (which is now what we have decided to call naps) but with 3 of us on one park bench, it didn’t really work out. Last night we went and got some authentic Spanish ice cream, too! Oh man, it was AMAZING! I guess they just mix it differently or something, but it was dang good!


1 comment:

HelloBridgett said...

I'm so glad to see that you entered the wonderful world of blogging! I hope you are having an amazing time.