Monday, March 31, 2008

Bike Riding!!!

A few weeks ago we found a place that rented bikes for free, that you can take and ride around the city. So the next day we decided that’s what we wanted to do. So at 11 o’clock the next morning, me Paige and Clara were there along with 3 other girls in the program were at the little square in the middle of the city, ready to rent bikes! We had to fill out forms that said that we were going to be good to the bikes and such and give our information so that if we took off with the bikes they could track us down or something. I mean, I was planning on riding all the way to Italy with it, but after that there is no way I would ever make it! They would catch me way to quickly! Dang it! But once we signed our lives away, we jumped on these little green bikes with baskets on the front and little bells on the bikes that you could ring as you were going down the street to warn people that you would otherwise plow over that you are coming. At first it was a bit shaky, seeing as I have not ridden a bike in a few years I felt like a little kid having to learn all over again! The handle bars were shaking when I was riding, which kept me from going in any sort of a straight line for a good 5 minutes, but hey, its like… well ya know… riding a bike! So I finally remember what to do and was able to do alright after that. It’s a good thing that Clara came with us, too! She took us to this part of the city that is up by where we are living that none of us have ever been to before! There were not as many people and the sidewalks were nice and big, not like the ones that are in the middle of the city that can fit about 1 ½ people on them, which makes walking when someone is coming from the opposite direction kinda awkward. But you manage. So we rode around for a bit, went off roading (rebels, I know) till the path ended like 2 minutes later then came back to the pavement. On the way home there was this one incident where I was about 4th in line, and we were turning out of this park, there was sand on the ground, and as I was turning I was heading straight for a pole! So, with my life flashing before my eyes, there was nothing I could do but scream and drop the bike and myself right in front of the pole, which then caused a chain reaction with Tina, the girl who was right behind me, and she fell too. Luckily Laura was a bit behind and didn’t get involved in the fiasco, but I was pretty embarrassed about it, and we had a good laugh when we found out that Tina was alright. A few hours later we took the bikes back to the place, had a hard time walking home because we were already so sore, then spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching a movie with Clara.

No comments: